Friday, January 20, 2012

Slip Slidin' Away

It happens at least once every winter.....I can't make it up the driveway because of the ice and snow. Arriving home after Jubal's drop off (which had a two hour weather delay) I encountered my still unplowed driveway. I made the attempt and failed, getting the van stuck a third of the way up.





Nolan and I had quite a slippery adventure shoveling the snow off the road so the sand could be applied when Jim arrived to rescue me. With a layer of snow over the ice, both of us were slip-sliding all over the place.



Nolan ended up with a face full of snow a couple times. Am I a bad mother for laughing heartily?



Our neighbor plowman showed up while I was digging out the wheels of my van. He said he had tried to plow the hill earlier this morning. He made it halfway and then proceeded to slide backwards all the way down. I believe it! All was well once again when the sand-bearing knight arrived with a truck and a tow rope. My hero.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States