Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Just Do It

This past weekend was Winter Blitz at Camp Good News. My excellent junior counselor, Emily Boyd reminded me during our snowshoe excursion through the woods that she was my camper at the very first Winter Blitz ever. I think this means I am increasing in age.


One of the highlights of the weekend for the kids (and Dad) is sledding down Jug Hill. Atira and her good friend Kayla Raymond quite enjoyed their many runs down the curved road, which this year was so bumpy that it resembled the Moguls at the Olympics.


I, however, do not share their enthusiasm for speeding over snow. Each year I make one run down the hill with my stomach in knots just to say I did it. I conquered my fear for the year.
After returning home on Sunday, the knots remained while I watched the Patriot's AFC Championship game against Baltimore. What an unbelievable end to the game! On to the Superbowl! We celebrated the victory and then Nolan's 13th birthday with a cake decorated by Tell and Mom.


With the week in full swing I have been consistent with my C25K program, although since all the snow and slush I have moved my workout from the outdoors to the virtual Wii world. It's not my preference but....whatever it takes to just do it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States