Thursday, January 5, 2012

Peel A Pummelo

The younger kids and I discovered a new fruit today, an Asian citrus called Pommelo.



After researching the origin, history, and uses we were ready to sample the taste. We all agreed that the smell was not inviting. Atira thought it smelled like pepper, Tell plugged his nose and exclaimed, "To me it thmells like rotten fish." When I asked Nolan, he admitted that it wasn't the nicest smell but that shouldn't stop you from trying a food, and so we proceeded. Pummelo is the largest fruit in the citrus family






and once Atira began to peel it, we discovered that it has an extremely thick skin. The pink flesh inside was reminiscent of grapefruit although the taste was slightly more sweet. I don't think any of us are clamoring for more but that's one more food checked off the "tried it" list.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States