Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Couch 2 5K

I started the Couch 2 5K program this week. I don't intend to actually run a 5K but am using the structure of the program to keep me on track with my AT hike training in the next four months. I'm hoping to have some weight loss as a side benefit. My friend Sue Batty has had some good success with this program. I hope to emulate her discipline. Until the snow arrives, I'm using the dirt road that loops around our house. It has a nice training hill no matter which direction I choose. I may have to reevaluate if it becomes too slick with the snow. I've found an iPhone app which prompts you when to begin each walk and run session. Although helpful, I admit to speaking unkindly to it about the third time it told me to begin running again. I believe my exact words were "Fat Chance".

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Nick said something about that program and it sounded neat, my only problem was I started and finished it in one day. Time for a new plan for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Let me know how it works! I know my Aunt tried it. I was thinking about trying it after this booger is born!
    -Sarah (Your adopted daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, so many would classify me as an overachiever, NOT

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States