Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rain Delay

3:30 AM wake-up,
Attempting to pick up the Wi-Fi of passing buses on the highway,
"Peter Pan Wi-Fi!?" - Macy
Meeting friend Anita Roundy from Lewiston, ME in a random MA McDonald's bathroom,
Trying to buy a football from a young boy so a game of field football could be played, then having it given to us instead,
exchanging indoor plumbing for a smelly outhouse,
learning to play cribbage,
and laughing with friends, old and new.

These are all things we did today.
If you notice, there was no hiking.
The reason for that is the sound I hear as I lie in my bunk typing this blog: Rain, rain and more rain.

We decided to stay at the RPH shelter and get a fresh, DRY, start in the morning. I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States