Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Ephesians 1:18-23 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.


I'm not one for New Year's resolutions. I shy away from making commitments that rely on my own steadfastness to see them to completion. Honestly, I rarely follow through. In my flesh I am prone to be weak and lazy. I find that Easter, however brings out the desire for me to look inward at the things which need work in my life, both on a physical and spiritual level. Remembering the power of the resurrection of my Saviour, His conquering of sin and death, reminds me of His omnipotence. I am His, and therefore I am able to live my life through the power of His Holy Spirit. Things which are impossible for me, are easy for Christ to accomplish through me.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

That's the daily battle. Will I live in the flesh or the Spirit?
My resolutions hang in the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States