Saturday, April 17, 2010

Be Glad You Like Your Tentmate.

It rained the entire trip down with skies breaking just as we arrived at the trail. We started hiking about 12:30 with only just under three miles to make Wiley Shelter, which had been invaded by 40 boyscouts by the time we arrived late in the afternoon. With the shelter area taken, which included the outhouse, we pitched our tents on an old overgrown logging road just up the trail. Peg scouted out a good spot for the girl's latrine and I was glad that I added the extra weight of a hand shovel to my pack so I could dig out a decent hole. Once all tents were up it proceeded to rain again and has been off and on all evening. At the moment Liz and I are cozy in a "two man tent". Let me just say that I'm glad we're both short. Liz is Facebooking and I am blogging, though I will not be able to send it out because I currently have no signal. We hope to stay warm. It should hit 40 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States