Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Boots

With the Appalachian Trail hike less than six weeks away, Jim and I have begun to gather together all of the needed supplies. I have weak ankles and don't really want to be miles from civilization with a sprain so good quality hiking boots that have high support are a priority. Another foot issue is my right baby toe which sticks out significantly further than my left. This is due to my annual summer shoe boycott which inevitably results in at least one broken toe a year. Why it's always the right toe, I have no idea. I was very excited to find a perfect wide width, high ankled hiking boot at Bean's but had to have it shipped to the house because the color I wanted was not in the store. They arrived today about 30 seconds after I reminded the boys that they were coming. How was that for timing? I've been breaking them in and have also loaded up my backpack with about 20 lbs., wearing it around the house to gradually get used to carrying the weight. Eventually I need to work up to about 35 lbs. The time is ticking away and I'm getting quite excited for this adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachelle, loving the hipstamatic pics. Are you using iblogger to blog from the phone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, a true compliment coming from you. I hardly use the normal iPhone camera anymore. The hipstamatic is much more fun. I appreciate you turning me on to the app. At the moment I am emailing my photos to myself and loading them onto the computer to put on the blog. I just checked out iblogger and it looks like it's not possible to post images on blogspot using this app yet....coming soon. At that point it will be worth getting.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States