Saturday, March 13, 2010

5 Weeks


There are 5 weeks left until the Appalachian Trail hike. The family hit the Brunswick Bike Path this afternoon with Jubal, Nate Fisher and I getting a good three miles in with partially loaded packs. The wind made the walk quite chilly but it felt good to begin training outside the gym. I was very satisfied with the way my body felt after the workout. After getting a text from our friend Greg, Jim and I headed to NorthFace in Freeport to check out their sale. We found a couple good mummy sleeping bags for only $30 each. I have to sleep with my feet outside the covers so I'll keep looking for a bag for me that has a foot vent. Across the street, at Bean's we found a few more needed items as well as discovering a few unusual trail items. While looking at plates, cups and utensils, I discovered some trail weight flasks and margarita cups. Seriously?! Who is mixing drinks while hiking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States