Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When Things Don't Run Smoothie


My Pioneer Club kids (Tell calls them my "fake" kids) are working on a Good Foods badge and tonight I planned to help them make blueberry smoothies. I picked up all the ingredients this afternoon but as usual I was running late tonight and left the house without the orange juice. Thanks to Jen Hodgdon, who was able to supply my missing o.j., the activity continued until each ingredient could be viewed through the glass blender, awaiting transformation into a tastebud's creamy dream. Only one slight problem. In my haste to leave the house I had not noticed that my blender was missing the blades. Try crushing ice without them. No blades, no smoothies. no happy kids. Thanks, Jen Keach, for hopping in your car and driving the 45 seconds to your home to pick up yours for us to borrow! A happy and yummy ending for all.

Recipe for one:
  • 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 7 oz vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup ice

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States