Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Divine Appointments

I was on my way to the bank this afternoon to sort out the mystery of a missing thousand dollars and picked up a hitchiker. This is certainly not something that I do as a general rule. I drove by him just past New Meadows Market. Thirty seconds later I uncharacteristically turned around and asked him if he wanted a ride. Long story short, I thought he was someone with car trouble. I offered to bring him as far as Cooks Corner and during the short ride he shared some difficulties that he was having in his life. There have been only a handful of times in my life that I have experienced knowing without a doubt that God had placed a complete stranger in my path so that I could share Christ with them in a few brief moments. This was one of them. I shared with him that no matter what our circumstances, the only thing that gives true peace is a relationship with Jesus Christ. "It's very strange." he said. "You know this is the second time today that someone has mentioned God to me. It's like someone's trying to hit me over the head and get my attention." I told him that I would be praying for him and if God lays it on your heart to do the same, his name is Justin.
The bank was closed, but as it turns out that wasn't the purpose of my journey after all.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States