Saturday, April 12, 2014

Celebrating a Century

Not many people hit the century mark but Atira and I were privileged to attend a party this afternoon for one such lady, Frances Robshaw. As a teenager I knew her as my best friend Beth's Grammie Robshaw and what a feisty character she is. Oh, the fun we had spending time with her back then! She was much younger in spirit and actions than her actual age of mid seventies, and took us out on several excursions, including Funtown and shopping at the Maine Mall. If I recall correctly, her mall attire included some very cool leather pants with a sweater and of course, great jewelry. She actually managed to pull the look off. She's an original and it was a pleasure to celebrate her 100th birthday and to see her still looking so spry. I have to say the best part of the afternoon was spending some time and laughter with Beth. It's never dull with her. Atira enjoyed meeting my bestie from way back and said, "Beth is pretty fun. You guys were laughing so much, and I thought, 'Yep. I can tell this is how they were in high school.'"




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States