Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Privilege of a Privy

Being on the trail creates an appreciation for basic everyday comforts such as showers and flushing toilets. I told Nolan, who is experiencing his first AT hike, that the shower he takes tomorrow will be the best he's ever had.
This has been a good section of trail for not having to answer the call of nature in the woods very often. Each shelter has had a privy and it's like a little slice of heaven in the woods.



The caretakers of the Wiley Shelter, where we woke this morning, clearly have a sense of humor, as this was the sign inside.


This evening's privy, at Wiley Shelter is the first one I ever used on my AT Hike four years ago and I appreciate it as much tonight as I did back then!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States