Saturday, April 13, 2013

And It Begins......

11:30 Hartford I -84
By chance, but predicted by Emily, we see the white van carrying Coastal Christian's Senior class that happened to be traveling to NJ on the same day.





1:45 PM Route 4 Near Silver Springs, CT
Our short 4 mile trek begins. Luckily, I needed to dig out my fleece first, or I would not have found some extra weight that had been added to my pack last night. These are not my shoes....Aaron LaPointe!


After a steep but manageable incline for about 45 minutes, the rest of today's walk was a breeze.
Watching for the white blazes,


downhill and then a gorgeous flat river walk to Stewart Hollow Shelter where I currently reside in a warm tent with Peg and Sue.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Missing the hike with my fellow turtle. Praying for you guys! Keep updating so I can see how it is going!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States