Monday, October 5, 2009

Finding the Silver Lining


Our plan for this weekend had been to meet up with part of the Seeley clan on Saturday to bike on the carriage trails of Acadia. The dark, rain-bearing clouds changed our plans, much to my disappointment. Instead, we took the opportunity of a plan-free weekend to complete phase 1 of the kitchen fix. Our inexpensive stock cupboards are nearly 25 years old and their wear is very evident. I sanded the bottom ones a couple weeks ago and yesterday they received their new garment of paint. Those that have older houses will understand that our one project inevitably turned into three as we set to work. We had two drawers that did not stay on track and a lazy susan that no longer spun completely around. New tracks installed by my handy man took care of the first problem and then he set to work on the lazy susan. After a few minutes the problem was discovered. Under the turning tray Jim discovered my now mangled mixer attachment that has been missing for months! You never know where items will turn up in this house. Now on to phase 2, the top cupboards......

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachelle!

    I'm thinking the stove and micro are new, too? I can't recall if they were there when we visited last fall. The cabinets look great! I can't believe Tell is 4 already.

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States