Monday, May 18, 2009

Live Long and Prosper


This weekend Jim and I did a rare thing and paid to see a movie on the big screen. Maybe, perhaps, a couple times a year we think there is one worth spending $18.00 to view and Star Trek was one of those. In childhood, I loved watching the original series with my family and have followed all the subsequent series, except Deep Space Nine. I could never get into that one.

This most recent addition to the franchise did not disappoint. I was extremely impressed with the casting. They managed to capture the essence of each character as we remember them in their older years and yet bridge the gap to their youthful selves in a believable way. My particular favorite was "Bones". The actor who portrayed him had clearly studied the mannerisms and speech patterns of DeForest Kelley. It was so much fun to watch.

My only disappointment was that they were not able to find a role for my friend Chris Fawkes. He would have perfected the role of any elderly Vulcan.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States