Monday, September 22, 2014

Phases

A new phase of life began for Jim and I today as we watched Jubal being sworn in as a Recruit in the Marine Corp.








Jubal's training on Parris Island will consist of three Phases over the course of 13 very tough weeks. The most brutal weeks are the first ones.
He will be arriving very soon as I write this, and at some point in the middle of the night, I will receive the " I am here" call, read from a script on a 3x5 card above the phone. His head recruiter, who did an extremely thorough job of briefing us on the 13 weeks yesterday, told me to talk right over Jubal as he reads the script or there will be no time for him to hear what I say. So, Jubal has his script and I have mine ready to go.

There were no tears from me today. I'm actually doing very well and excited for what he will accomplish in the next 3 months. My general crying schedule is an annual one and I suspect the tears will arrive in time for the Graduation on December 19 when Jubal earns the title of Marine.

I have always said that because of my easy-going, go with the flow nature, I would have made a good military wife. I'll just apply those qualities to being a great Marine Mom.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States