Saturday, September 6, 2014

Mansfield Park

I finished reading Jane Austen's Mansfield Park recently and wrote a couple of my favorite quotes from the book on the chalkboard in the kitchen. One was a humorous observation from a character about a less than adequate suitor. "What a difference a vowel makes! If his rents were but equal to his rants!"
The other was simply what I thought to be a bit of wisdom and ended up being quite relevant this week as our Pastor buried one of his sons on Sunday and our Woolwich-Wiscasset church family participated in a service for Pat Dighton on Friday. "There is nothing like employment, active indispensable employment, for relieving sorrow."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States