Saturday, May 18, 2013

Parent Fail-Marriage Success

Last night Jim and I celebrated 19 years of marriage. Our actual anniversary was the 14th and that day was a bit of a parent fail. Jubal had his second driver's test at 10 but never got past the Topsham Fair Mall parking lot because our inspection sticker was expired. It was a stupid mistake and I felt awful! To his credit, Jubal only stayed mad at me for ten minutes, before forgiving his disorganized mother.
The accomplishment of almost two decades with Jim offset my failure but we had to wait until yesterday to actually go out and celebrate. It was nothing fancy...just steak and the new Star Trek movie, both of which were excellent. I continue to be impressed with how well the new actors have captured the essence of the original characters. I thoroughly enjoyed the performance of Benedict Cumberbatch, who played Khan. This is no surprise since I love his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in the recent British series. My crical review of the night: Great meal.....Great movie....great husband!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States