Monday, September 3, 2012

Drive-Thru Conversation

While driving home early this evening, after dropping off Ben and Zack at the Foreman's, I was engaged in a phone conversation with my friend Todd, who lives just up the road. Before heading home I made a quick detour into the Bath Dunking' Donuts drive-thru for my usual summer beverage: Caramel Swirl Iced Coffee, cream only. Interrupting Todd mid-sentence, I gave my order and waited for the garbled confirmation from the speaker. From the other end of the phone I heard "Wait...Where are you? Wiscasset or Leeman Highway?" When I replied that I was at the Leeman Highway Dunkin' Donuts, Todd responded with, "I'm pulling in there right now. I'll be right behind you. Great minds think alike" Sure enough, while at the pickup window, I could see the employee taking his order while at the same time, hearing Todd in my ear, giving the order. I took my coffee and pulled away from the window as Todd's white van rounded the drive-thru corner behind me. We laughed and waved across the parking lot and continued the chat until arriving in our respective drive-ways a few miles up the road. It was all very bizarre.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States