Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sweet

Could there be a better pair than dark chocolate and espresso beans?


A week ago we took a tour of Wilbur's Chocolate Factory in Freeport. Our guide was the founder and owner of this thriving local business.






He and his wife began making their own chocolates over twenty years ago with one piece of machinery in his basement. They now ship all over the state and country as well as providing most of the chocolate and candy that you find up the street at L.L. Bean.


I highly recommend combining education and chocolate into a field trip.






Nolan came home with a small bag of the chocolate covered espresso beans. ...mmmmm. He's shared some with me and made them last a lot longer than I would have. I'll be getting my own bag to bring as a treat on the AT hike. That's a bit of added weight that I'll be glad to carry.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States