Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Putting It Into Gear

The first part of this gorgeous day was definitely in the slower low gears with some downstairs cleaning, a bit of school, bill-paying and loads of lovely laundry. A surprise pizza delivery by a friend fueled the afternoon but then my gear slammed into reverse on the bike path as I realized that outdoor running is significantly more exhausting than running through my house. I had to backtrack my "Couch to 5k" progress about three weeks when I pound the pavement outside rather than in. But even though it may be in reverse, I'm still in gear. And finally, the time has come to teach Jubal how to shift gears, as he received his driver's permit today. I believe that puts parenthood into fifth gear for Jim and me. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States