Saturday, October 29, 2011

Math in the Morning

On a normal Saturday I would refrain from exiting the bed until at least 7 o'clock. Jubal and Nolan attended the WOL SuperBowl however, which required a 6:15 pickup after their night of Portland Pirates hockey, bowling, rollerskating and general rowdiness. The early pickup, in turn, required coffee so I found myself at the Dunkin' Donuts drive through window. My caramel swirl hot latte came to $2.77 and I confidently passed the server two dollar bills and three quarters. In my brain, I expected change; this is how math works in the morning. With a slightly quizzical expression the lady held the money in her hand for a moment. "OK, $2.75?" the fog lifted from my brain as I realized my mistake. Laughing, I reached for two more pennies on the dash and told her, "This is why I need the coffee!". We won't mention that in reality, with my math skills, I could just as easily have made the same mistake in the middle of the day.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States