Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eat and Runny Pie

I tried to make a pie for the Men's night at church today. I followed the recipe. I'm not sure what happened. It looked more like chocolate pudding than chocolate pie. We all have our talents. Baking is clearly not one of mine and I'm OK with that.
So when you can't cook well, make sure you find places to eat where they do! ....like the Olive Garden. The three younger kids and I had a nice evening there with Anthony, Laura and the kids. They're here for their lightning fast October visit to attend the annual Pig Roast of Laura's Grampy Hammond. Mom, Dad and Alex Burgoin ( who's flying out with Dad to MO on Monday) joined us. Jubal and Jim had to decide between the already planned Men's night, complete with steak and plenty of pie, or seeing family that you'll see at Thanksgiving anyway. I suspected that Jim would choose the pie. I was right. And finally, if Alex and Dad are in the house, the night is likely to end up in a game of Catan. It did. Jubal won.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States