Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bridge Crossing


Crossing the Bath bridge over the Kennebec River the past two days has afforded a couple of noteworthy Maine sights. On Thursday, I was passed by a large open truck hauling giant mesh bags brimming with seaweed. I presume it was headed to Waldoboro where there is a processing plant. Oddly enough, though I've lived most of my life on the coast, this is the first time I have seen such a truck. Then on Friday, just as I reached the Woolwich side of the bridge, a Bald Eagle glided low, over my van. Though I've seen the soaring of this creature many times over the years, I am always struck by the combination of strength and gracefulness that God created it with. What a beautiful thing to see.

My health summary for the week:

5 of 7 days at the gym
Most of this week was concentrated on my cardio and not weights.
In preparation for the April AT Hike, I am spending time on the treadmill at medium/low speeds but with my incline on 10. I'm feeling the difference in my calves. Now I need to strengthen my knees with the weights so that I don't have a repeat of last year.
Down 4 lbs.
My new favorite treadmill music, using my iPhone Pandora app, is Contemporary Bollywood.
It keeps me clipping along quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States