Saturday, August 13, 2016

Back on the Paddle Again

One muggy morning this week, Nicole and I met at the Foreman's who are on their annual trek to visit family in Pennsylvania's Amish country. 

During their excursion last year, I used those two weeks to paint their back porch, build a pallet arch and create some small gardens off their back porch as a surprise 50th birthday gift for Sandy. My gardening project coincided perfectly with the arrival of my parent's and grandparent's new home which necessitated the removal of quite a few of Dad's well established plants and bushes. I was glad to give them a new home on Centre Street. 






You might occasionally find Sandy out singing to her plants but you won't ever find her weeding them so Nicole and I thought this might be something to do during her absence this year. After a couple hours of work, Nicole and I were thrilled to discover that the garden was indeed, still there. 


 I hope Nicole is just as thrilled to discover that my blog is also indeed, still here.

Last week, as she, Jen Hodgdon and I dipped our kayak paddles into the ripples of Duck Puddle Pond, Nicole reminded me that it had been months since I had written anything on my blog. Thank you for the gentle prodding, my friend. I'm back on the paddle again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States