Monday, October 27, 2014

Car Parts

What do a large industrial truck tire and a 15 amp tail light fuse have in common? Irregardless of size, when not functioning properly, both of those car parts impede the ability of a vehicle to be freely driven along Route 1 here in Maine.

Thankfully, our vehicle has only been suffering from the small malfunctioning part. I was very proud of myself today for identifying and fixing the problem. Alas, my mechanical victory was short-lived when the fuse blew again, only moments after replacing it. It must be an electrical short somewhere, which means the remedy is now above my pay grade.

I will take the inconvenience of daytime only driving, however, over driving with a missing wheel.

On our school commute north Friday, Nolan and I watched a larger industrial truck tire come bouncing across the wide portion of Route 1 just after the Dairy Queen, about 40 feet in front of us. It seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. I turned to look at Nolan and his puzzled expression matched mine. With incredulity, one of us, I'm not even sure which, asked the other, "Did you see that?" Glancing into my side mirror allowed me to see the origin of the tire, a large truck headed South. The truck still maintained control but the sparks were flying!
Yeah. I'll take the absence of taillights, thanks.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States