Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Bit of Wildlife

Headed home on Route 1 yesterday I saw the stream of traffic ahead of me on both sides of the road shift to the shoulders. I realized the sad reason when I passed, in the middle of the road, a large deer that had just been hit. This morning the boys and I saw a much nicer version of deer in the form of a small herd crossing the road not far from our house. On the way home, after dropping them off, a sharp-shinned hawk landed on the rail of the Bath Route 1 overpass just as my van passed. Then as I left to get Nolan again this afternoon, I nearly ran into our local flock of wild turkey as I rounded the house corner. Both parties were very startled. I love living in Maine.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
West Bath, Maine, United States